ADSM-L

Re: Daily Backup Report

2002-04-17 07:48:08
Subject: Re: Daily Backup Report
From: Gary Swanton <kelly14 AT OPTUSHOME.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:48:10 +1000
Hi TSMers',,

          Reading all the posts about backup reporting prompted to ask
if anybody has come across an add on for TSM called TSM Manager, it is
available for 30 day trial at www.tsmmanager.com

        I am trailing it at the moment and the biggest advantage that I
have found so far is that it caters for the automatic emailing of daily
reports, any errors that may have occurred, the status of the database
and how many scratch tapes are left in the library.  You are given many
choices just exactly what you want to be informed on by simply checking
or un-checking a box.

        It is priced around 3k (US) which here in Australia works out to
be quite expensive, but an expensive I believe is worth every cent.  The
program also gives you at the click of a button real time info on the
data base, logs, nodes, occupancy, admin schedules and even TSM server
info over a week or multiple server information over a year.

        I believe it actually presents the reports that we
administrators would love to see TSM present out of the box not after
spending many hours in trying to come up with scripts in a language
which is as foreign as TSM itself its.

        Anyway check it out if you haven't already and let me know what
you all think of it.

Regards

Gary Swanton

Ps:  No I don't work for the company that makes the product...