ADSM-L

problem after upgrding ADSM to TSM 4.2

2002-04-17 02:14:53
Subject: problem after upgrding ADSM to TSM 4.2
From: Bernie M <borismilo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:00:07 -0700
Hi all,
I have just upgraded my ADSM server to TSM 4.2 on AIX
4.3.3 and am having problems with the definitions of
my drives. Ther is nothing using the drives, I can
access them using tapeutil but have the following
problems in TSMANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE
issued command: QUERY DRIVE 3575lib1
drive0 f=d

                                Library Name: 3575LIB1
                                  Drive Name: DRIVE0
                                 Device Type: 3570
                                      Device:
                                     ON LINE:
Unavailable Since 04/17/02

15:10:17
                                     Element: 16
                                Allocated to:
              Last Update by (administrator):
SERVER_CONSOLE
                       Last Update Date/Time: 04/17/02
14:45:05
Cleaning Frequency (Gigabytes/ASNEEDED/NONE): NONE

TSM:WESLEYADSM>
update DRIVE 3575LIB1 DRIVE0 DEVICE=/dev/rmt0
ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command:
UPDATE DRIVE 3575LIB1
DRIVE0 DEVICE=/dev/rmt0
ANR8420E UPDATE DRIVE: An I/O error occurred while
accessing drive DRIVE0.
TSM:WESLEYADSM>

Does anyone have suggestions on how to overcome this
problem?

Thanks