ADSM-L

Re: anyone notice TDP 3.2.0.8 on Solaris 2.6 with TSM 4.2.1.0...

2002-04-16 15:54:05
Subject: Re: anyone notice TDP 3.2.0.8 on Solaris 2.6 with TSM 4.2.1.0...
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:44:27 -0500
Haven't seen this (we use rl-compression but no client compression).

OTOH, I'm not moving to 3.2.0.8 on AIX because there's an annoying bug in
restores. I've found that the restore runs properly -- everything comes down
as it should -- and then the ONE copy of the controlfile gets copied to the
alternate locations, and the orig logs get copied to the mirror locations.
And the copies all end up owned by <sid>adm, not by ora<sid>. This tends to
irritate Oracle to no end.

I'll be reporting this next week, when I've got my TSM server up to 4.2 and
am on a supported release again.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc