ADSM-L

Re: Daily Backup Report

2002-04-16 10:33:07
Subject: Re: Daily Backup Report
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:34:59 -0500
We also used "query event * * begindate=today-1 enddate=today ex=yes" until
I learned that this does not report on clients that were or were not backed
up successfully, this ONLY reports on if the script or schedule was
successful. To quote straight from the h q event page "Use this command to
check whether schedules were processed successfully."

I will not go into a rant about this, just learn from my mistake, query
event will NOT tell you if your backup was successful.