ADSM-L

New Tivoli licensing - what "processor" mean

2002-04-13 09:42:19
Subject: New Tivoli licensing - what "processor" mean
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:33:37 +0300
Hello *SMers,

I still need to obtain an answer what is hidden behind the new "processor"
term in Tivoli licensing scheme. It is not only in ISM but also in
Monitoring, Configuration Manager, etc.
After looooong reading of all announcement letters issued by IBM on 9.04 I
still got not answer. The only light at the end of the tunnel was URL in
one of them (http://www.tivoli.com/products/licensing/). The hope was dead
when I looked at the page. There were two links (named "Definitions for Tivoli
Enhanced Value-Based Pricing (Word doc) updated
03-28-2002" and "Definitions for Tivoli Value-Based Pricing (Word doc) updated
11-05-2001") but suprisingly they pointed to same URL .
Those silly *!$&%$!*es have put their licensing into a MS Word file (hello
Gates, it's time for you to start using Lotus Domino). Moreover as you can
expect the correct link was the one dated 11-05-2001.
Trying to get answer soon I've filled the form at IBM's site both as
web-site feedback and software inquiry. Even working very close with
Software Division rep at IBM Bulgaria (here IBM does not have Tivoli
dedicated person) I filled another form asking Tivoli rep to contact me.
The only answer was from web feedback. When I calm down I would be able to
laugh on this answer but right now I am out of my skin.
"Thank you for contacting IBM.
"processor" ....." and later pointed to toll-free number in U.S. Feeling this
is not
enough the letter continued with IBM Bulgaria's phone number but with one
digit less.
Yes, right, Trivoli !! It was written three times and all three were
Trivoli. And in their database even the phone numbers are not correct. I
suspect this man did not had any info about IBM Bulgaria's web site or he
should make a mistake pointing the URL as well.

So please, please, please, any of you who already got their ISM v5.1 sched
some light what is "processor" in Tivoli terms. Or anyone reading this at
Tivoli.
I deadly need to make a quote for a customer (till day before yesterday
:-(( ). I have all the prices but do not know how much processor licenses
I have to put for ISM, APD and APR (IBM TSM, IBM TSM for Databases and IBM
TSM for ERP).
Thank you for the help.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant