ADSM-L

Re: TSM V5.1 - RC=4

2002-04-13 09:42:14
Subject: Re: TSM V5.1 - RC=4
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:57:16 +0300
Hello all,

my question is mainly targeted to Andy Raibeck but all opinions are
welcome. This behavior was first implemeted at v4.2.1.0 client. The
discussion at that time finished with opinion this was a bug and later
behavior restored to normal. Now RC=4 is getting back but as a feature and
is documented.
So the question I am asking myself and hoping for your help:
Is RC=4 good indicator for successful backup with some files skipped?
How would we check which files are not backed up?
How to distinguish between files we can skip and files we absolutely do
not want to miss backup?

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

P.S. Some of you are lucky enough and already have the code. I am still
waiting to put my hands on it.

Zlatko