ADSM-L

Re: 3494 library swap out.

2002-04-11 14:45:38
Subject: Re: 3494 library swap out.
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:45:52 -0400
I think you would need to do the CHECKOUT with REMOVE=NO. If the library
manager (the L-frame) wasn't being replaced, then the 3494's inventory would
still be correct as to which system owned which volumes by their catagory.
Since that all's gonne be changed and basically wiped out, the LM won't know
which are your tapes. If the LM was staying and the inventory database the
same, you could probably just do an AUDIT LIBR when IBM's done.

I would check them out REM=NO, then when it's back up do a CHECKIN
STATUS=SCR followed by a CHECKIN STATUS=PRIVATE.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.