ADSM-L

Re: HSM ERROR MESSAGE?

2002-04-11 02:36:26
Subject: Re: HSM ERROR MESSAGE?
From: Indra Gunawan <99iing AT PROGRAMMER DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 01:36:35 -0500
Yes, Stephen ...
this is caused by disk crash last week (You know exactly the situation, don't
you? :-D). Actually, I did some tricks again by restoring the stub files using
dsmundelete command, and magic ... it worked, so I can save more than 3TB data
(of our client of course). But now the problem is the automatic migration
doesn't work. It doesn't migrate anything to the ADSM server even if it has
reached its high treshold so the disk utilization will go up to 100%. Normally,
I assumed that it is caused by inconsistency status between the client and the
server of HSM filesystem. But, now the case is a bit different since this is a
recovery effort of crashed disk. I've suggested to mirror the disk, add the SSA
adapter (or even better, buy a new machine :-D)...
---
# ./indra (you know the "dot slash indra", don't you?)
# ./indra (you know the "dot slash indra", don't you?)