ADSM-L

Re: adsm/tivoli on redhat linux 7.1

2002-04-10 14:57:22
Subject: Re: adsm/tivoli on redhat linux 7.1
From: Patricia Max <pam AT TDO-SERV.LANL DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:57:38 -0600
Andy, thanks very much for the response.  I would like to test
by increasing the timeo, but I have no idea how to get the directories
that are marked inactive active again.  That's kind of a clumsy sentence.
What's marked inactive are the /home/yyy directory and the /home/yyy/user
directory and all files in the user directory.  The /home filesystem is fine.
So what can I do to force the /home/yyy directory to become active?

Patricia Max
Los Alamos National Laboratory

-
>Workaround:
>Workaround:
>The customer can increase the idle time allowed by the
>OS automounter.  The customer can also process each
>automounted filesystem independently.  This will help
>to ensure that the second stage begins as soon as the
>first stage has ended.
>
>I would recommend that you contact IBM support about this problem so that
>you can either verify that this is the problem, or else continue to
>diagnose the trouble.
>
>Regards,
>
>Andy
>
>Andy Raibeck
>IBM Software Group
>Tivoli Storage Manager Client Development
>Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS
>Internet e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
>
>The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.
>The command line is your friend.
>"Good enough" is the enemy of excellence.

:wq