ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1.30 scheduler dies intermittently....

2002-04-10 11:29:16
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1.30 scheduler dies intermittently....
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:29:09 -0400
You should contact IBM support if you are having this kind of problem. I
am not aware of any problems that could cause what you are seeing. If you
haven't already done so, take a look at the Application and System Event
logs to see if anything abnormal was logged. You also might check the
dsmerror.log file, the dsmwebcl.log file (if using the CAD to manage the
scheduler), and the server activity log from the time the client backup
began through the time it terminated, to see if anythere there might shed
some light on the problem.

4.2.1.30 is the latest patch level. Normally we don't steer customers to
patches from the web site because the patches should only be applied (in
theory) at the direction of IBM service or development to resolve specific
problems. However, due to substantial problems at the 4.2.1.0 level, we do
not recommend that users install that level; so when we issued 4.2.1.20,
we did more extensive testing of that client code than is usual for a
patch. That is why the web site points to it.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Keith Kwiatek <kkwiatek AT NIST DOT GOV>
04/10/2002 08:15