ADSM-L

Re: retention policies

2002-04-10 08:30:41
Subject: Re: retention policies
From: William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:29:34 -0400
versions data exists and versions data deleted are our 2 week (15 on both)
current backup/restore files.  Days of retention (retain extra and retain
only) depend on the client.  We have mailboxes that are only 30 days and
then everything else will be 90 days (3 months for restore)  This would
mean monthly snapshots to go beyond 3 months (inactive files only) mostly
for archive reasons but occasional restores which have been done.  This is
the way I have interpreted from my slim knowledge of TSM and Papa John
backup environment.

                    Marc Levitan
                    <marc.levitan@       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    PFPC.COM>            cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     retention policies
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    04/09/02 04:05
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Can I take a poll of what people are using for:

versions data exists
versions data deleted
retain extra versions
retain only version