ADSM-L

Re: adsm/tivoli on redhat linux 7.1

2002-04-09 20:37:19
Subject: Re: adsm/tivoli on redhat linux 7.1
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:37:33 -0400
Patricia,

I am not familiar with the problem, but there is an APAR for the 4.2
client, IC31314, that may apply. Here is the description from the APAR
text:

Files may be expired because an OS automounter unmounts a
filesystem before TSM has processed it.
-
During a backup, TSM processes a filesystem in two stages.
During a backup, TSM processes a filesystem in two stages.
-
In the first stage, the TSM client compares what files are on
In the first stage, the TSM client compares what files are on
client filesystems to the files on the TSM server.
-
In the second stage, TSM processes each filesystem to
In the second stage, TSM processes each filesystem to
send changed/new files to the TSM server.
-
The automount option of the TSM client will mount a
The automount option of the TSM client will mount a
filesystem for the first stage.  If the customer has
multiple filesystems, some filesystems that have
completed the first stage may need to wait for the
second stage.  The OS automounter may unmount a
filesystem due to inactivity before the second stage
has begun processing the filesystem.  TSM may expire
files on filesystesms that were unmounted before the
second stage.
-
The TSM client needs to verify that the filesystem is
The TSM client needs to verify that the filesystem is
still available before beginning the second stage.
-
Workaround:
Workaround:
The customer can increase the idle time allowed by the
OS automounter.  The customer can also process each
automounted filesystem independently.  This will help
to ensure that the second stage begins as soon as the
first stage has ended.

I would recommend that you contact IBM support about this problem so that
you can either verify that this is the problem, or else continue to
diagnose the trouble.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Patricia Max <pam AT tdo-serv.lanl DOT gov>
04/09/2002 15:11
Please respond to Patricia Max