ADSM-L

Re: mac problem

2002-04-09 03:04:40
Subject: Re: mac problem
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:04:55 +0200
> The switch on which our TSM server (AIX, TSM 4.1.3.0) refreshes his mac
> tabel every now and then. The back-up client (mostly NT/Win2000, TSM 4.1.x
> and 4.2.x) will sends its data, but the switch doesn't know were to put it.
> So it sends it to all its port and the switch will overfloat. Is there a way
> to keep somesort of communicatie from the client to the tsm server and back?

Hoi Karel,

hmmm. in my experience this usually is caused by switches that are not well
equipped for the number of systems on the lan. I guess your solution lies in
upgrading the switch to some kind that can arp-cache all mac-addresses on the
subnet, not in pestering it into caching the mac addresses important to your
application.

-- Met vriendelijke groeten,
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams