ADSM-L

TSM Database migration from AIX to Solaris

2002-04-08 10:14:57
Subject: TSM Database migration from AIX to Solaris
From: Douglas Currell <dlcurrell AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:15:12 -0400
I know that the restoration of a TSM database onto a new platform type is
unsupported. To be specific, an organization I know of has standardized on
Solaris as a Unix platform. In keeping with this policy, they would like to see
the current TSM server, an older RS6000/AIX model, replaced with an E450, for
example. I want them to be aware that such a migration would be unsupported by
Tivoli and I would like to have something more substantial to give them than "
I read it on msgs.adsm.org".

Does anyone know of any document that states what is and what is not supported
by Tivoli? Thank you...

Music, Movies, Sports, Games! Yahoo! Canada Entertainment
Music, Movies, Sports, Games! Yahoo! Canada Entertainment