ADSM-L

Need help - TDP for Oracle on Solaris - Scheduler question

2002-04-07 18:41:46
Subject: Need help - TDP for Oracle on Solaris - Scheduler question
From: Jawad Butt <Jawad.butt AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 18:25:41 -0400
Hi

I have an environment where i am running TDP for Oracle V2.2 on Solaris 7. My
TSM server version is 4.2.1.11 and is running on an AIX 4.3.3 server.

My output of "tdpoconf showenvironment" command on the solaris box is shown
below.

TDP FOR ORACLE INFORMATION
  Version:              2
  Release:             2
  Level:                  0
  Sublevel:             0
  Platform:             TDP Oracle SUN

TSM SERVER INFORMATION
  Server Name:          TEST_ORACLE
  Server Address:       100.2.3.44
  Server Type:            AIX-RS/6000
  Server Port:             1500
  Communication Method: TCP/IP

SESSION INFORMATION
  Owner Name:         oracle
  Node Name:           TEST_ORACLE
  Node Type:            TDP Oracle SUN
  DSMI_DIR:             /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin
  DSMI_ORC_CONFIG:      /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/dsm.opt
  TDPO_OPTFILE:         /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/tdpo.opt
  Password Directory:   /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin
  Compression:          FALSE

POLICY DATA
  Domain Name:         DBDOMAIN
  Management Class:  STANDARD
  Active Policy Set:     STANDARD
  Backup Retention:    30

The same server also has a backup-archive client running on it. The scheduler
for the backup-archive clients runs fine and backs up the system.

As soon as I start the scheduler for the TDP, I get these messages in
dsmsched.log

04/05/2002 17:06:38 Node Name: TEST_ORACLE