ADSM-L

[no subject]

2002-04-04 16:16:43
From: Kai Hintze <kai_hintze AT ALBERTSONS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:16:34 -0800
Matt,

I'm sorry, I've lost track of which OS you are using, but on AIX if I use

dsmadmc -id=id -pass=pass -tab command >outfile

I get all fields all on one line. Using AS to rename a field is irrelevant
because all headers are gone, only the output from the command remains.
There are no fixed length fields because it is tab delimited. It is perfect
for programming with if you can split out fields on a delimiter though. This
works with ADSM 3.1 and TSM 4.2.

Kai.

Matt Cooper (2838)
>Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 2:25 PM
>To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>Subject: Re: NEED HELP CONTROLLING SCRIPT OUTPUT, FIELD LENGTHS
>
>I have tried everyone's suggestions.  I believe the fact that I have one
AS