ADSM-L

Re: TSM Client Agent randomly stopping on Windows 2000 SP2

2002-04-03 10:18:30
Subject: Re: TSM Client Agent randomly stopping on Windows 2000 SP2
From: Tomás Hrouda <throuda AT HTD DOT CZ>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:17:25 +0200
Hi Tor,

if problem with memory overflow appears at start of backup, so I think I
know what is your problem ... I have similar one on AIX client which backs
up tons of files through NFS. Try to include parameter MEMORYEFFICIENBACKUP
YES into your dsm.opt file (or check this switch through client GUI Edit -
Preferences - Backup - Use less memory). TSM client tried to load all
directory structure to memory at start of backup by default. If you use
MEMORYEFFICIENBACKUP switch, client do it by simple directories. I suggest
it because of your note about large amount of files. Perhaps it helps.

Wiht best regards
Tom