ADSM-L

Re: Anyone know how to have TSM script read an input file?

2002-04-02 16:54:47
Subject: Re: Anyone know how to have TSM script read an input file?
From: StorageGroupAdmin StorageGroupAdmin <StorageGroupAdmin AT SYDNEYWATER.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:54:00 +1000
For the exclusion of 'old' filespaces and for clients not be checked we
utilise the 'Contact' column in the nodes table.

To excluded a filespace(s) the contact details will be prefixed with
XFS1,3,4..... where the numeric represents the filespace  id.

To exclude the entire clilent from being checked the contact details
will be prefixed with 'NOCHECK'.

We run the following SQLs to list all clients and then individually
check the status of the last incremental backup (based upon a
standardised naming convention for the client schedule.) & when the
filespaces were last backed up.

To list all nodes (the dummy col is used to simplify the extraction of
the actual line I am looking for, ie ignore the SQL header info):

select substr(domain_name,1,3) as dummy, nodes.node_name, nodes.contact
from nodes where upper(nodes.contact) is NULL or upper(nodes.contact)
not like 'NOCHECK%' and NODETYPE= 'CLIENT'

For each node in the list;

To extact the details of the last incrmental process;

select summary.schedule_name, sum(summary.failed) as failures,
sum(summary.bytes) amount, summary.successful,
sum(cast((summary.end_time-summary.start_time)minutes as decimal(18,0)))
from summary where summary.schedule_name like 'INCR%' and
summary.entity='$node_name' and
cast((current_timestamp-summary.end_time)days as decimal(18,0)) <1 group
by summary.successful, summary.schedule_name

To list the max number of days since a non exlcuded filespace has been
backed up (note the variable X_FSID is set to 0 if nothing is to be
exlcuded since a FSID of 0 will never exist)

 select distinct substr(nodes.domain_name,1,3),
max(cast((current_timestamp-filespaces.backup_end)days as
decimal(18,0))) from filespaces, nodes where
(filespaces.node_name='$node_name' and filespace_id not in ($x_fsid))
group by nodes.domain_name

I use a pearl script to extract the info a create a html file with what
are deemded failures highlighted in an alternate colour.

Peter Griffin

Sydney Water

>>> Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM 04/03/02 02:18am >>>
Hello all,
        In the life of ever changing requirements... I must include in
an
e-mail sent to a PC user that they missed a backup, exactly how long it
has
been since they were backed up.
            I am scanning the log to see what schedules were MISSED.
But
now for each node that was missed I need to know the last date of a
backup,
not a 'accessed by TSM' (which is in the NODE DB) .  I see that the
SUMMARY
DB has ALL the backups start and end dates.  But what would be the
logical
way to approach this?  I would think list off the nodes that failed and
do
some sort of select of the SUMMARY DB to find the last successful
backup.
1) I am not sure how to ask for JUST the last successful backup of 1
node.
2) I am truly at a loss to figure out how to have this script read in a
list
of nodes to find out there last successful backups

Has anyone done anything like this?  An example could take me a long
way.
I am using TSM 4.1.5 on z/OS 1.1.   If I can get all the info into
records I
am using SAS to format the e-mail messages.   My TSM system has about
230
nodes in an 80% full 25GB data base.  Hopefully I can do this in an
efficient manner...
Thanks in advance for all your help!
Matt

This message has been scanned by MailSweeper.
This message has been scanned by MailSweeper.
This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
and may contain information which is confidential or
privileged. Unauthorised use of its contents is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately via e-mail and then delete the
original e-mail.