ADSM-L

Re: database backup problem trigger

2002-04-02 16:08:52
Subject: Re: database backup problem trigger
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:08:52 -0800
Well, I have seen situations where a full recovery log causes that, and I've
seen situations where I audited a bad volume and all the damaged files were
dumped into the activity log so fast that it stopped logging anything to the
activity log.  I haven't had it happen recently, since I learned to audit
with quiet=yes, as a matter of fact, but I have started using the dsmulog
utility to keep my actlog for months, so if that happens again, I can just
go to the dsmulog files to see what was going on and what might have caused
it.

I also have cron'd processes that log in every 10 and 30 minutes to check
various stuff and alog them to circular log files, so it's pretty easy to
see how problem situations, such as those involving the recovery log,
evolve.

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC