ADSM-L

[no subject]

2002-04-01 13:15:39
From: David G Kalenderian <DAVEK AT MITVMA.MIT DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:11:21 EST
Hi

We are moving TSM off of our IBM mainframe to a SUN Solaris environment
and would like feedback regarding the model/size of the SUN boxes other shops
are using to run TSM.

Our site:
We're currently running an IBM 9121 mainframe configured with two LPARs
running VM/ESA. We have about 4000 TSM users registered across 4 TSM
servers (~1000 users per TSM server). We receive about 50GB of data
each day to each server althought this can vary anywhere from 25 to 75
GB a day on any given server. Maximum concurrent users at peak times
can reach about 100 sessions on each server. Our tape configuration
consists of an IBM 3494 tape library with 6 3590 E1A drives which we
plan on SCSI or fiber attaching in the new environment.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone running TSM on SUN servers with
any of the following information:

what model/size box (other specs if available)
how many users registered on each box
maximum simultaneous users sessions
how much data backed up daily
tape configuration info