ADSM-L

SAP R3 and (MAX_)SESSIONS

2002-03-29 09:00:35
Subject: SAP R3 and (MAX_)SESSIONS
From: "Van Ruler, Ruud R SITI-ITDSES64" <ruud.vanruler AT SHELL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:43:49 +0100
Hi

environment:
one TSM server with disk pool stg_sapdisk_1 (Estimated Capacity (MB) 80.000
i.e. 80GB).
next storage pool defined for stg_sapdisk_1 is tape (6 drives are
available).

every two days a tdp for r/3 backup runs (sap environment is 600Gb).
I have set up R3 client for 6 parallel sessions to disk storage pool
stg_sapdisk_1 (consists of 20 disk volumes).

at some point (as you can imagine) the disk pool is filled up and migration
will be performed automatically.
what will happen next ?
are current SAP backup sessions redirected straight to tape ??
will the current sessions wait until there is space again on the disk pool
??
there is only data from this one R/3 client on the disk pool .... so there
will be only one migration process started ??

suppose this stg_sapdisk_1 consists of 3 disk volumes. Can I assume that
then 3 sessions go to disk pool and the other remaining 3 go to the next
storage pool i.e. tape ??

Ruud van Ruler, Shell Information Technology International B.V.   - DSES-64
ITDSES-6 Technical Information and Links page: http://pat0006/shell.htm
Room 1A/G03
Dokter van Zeelandstraat 1, 2285 BD Leidschendam NL
Tel : +31 (0)70 - 3034644, Fax 4011, Mobile +31 (0)6-55127646
Email Internet: ruud.vanruler AT shell DOT com
                        rvanruler AT hotmail DOT com