ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:10:44
Unless you want to try your hand at REXX programming, or getting heavily
into
multi-record ''sed'', I'd suggest that you invoke the administrative
command line client like this:
  dsmadmc -comma
You will have to type the admin name and password as usual.

All of the output from any command(s) will be in "comma-separated value"
format, which is perfect for "importing" into Excel or another program
with
which you can manipulate your data.  Each output field will take up part
of
one output record, separated by commas.  I'll try to wing one for you,
as
I have no docs at home:

TSM>  select
node_name,node_type,client_os_level,client_version,client_release,-
client_level,client_sublevel from nodes > output.csv
TSM> quit

The contents of "output.csv" might look something like this:

mercury,WinNT,4.0,4,2,1,20
venus,IRIX,IRIX64 6.5.13,4.2.0.0
mars,SunOS,5.8,4.2.0.0
 ...and so on

Imagine you were looking to list filespaces and filenames that had been
backed
up during a period of time.  Wouldn't you prefer:
F:,\PROGRAM FILES\TIVOLI\TSM\BACLIENT,DSM.OPT