ADSM-L

Windows client installer minor comment/suggestion

2002-03-28 14:42:32
Subject: Windows client installer minor comment/suggestion
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:42:26 -0500
I applaud the excellent quality steps taken with the Windows client,
and especially the installer.

However I have a couple of minor comments:

The installer calls itself "CD Browser" on the Windows task bar.
  (yuk)

The installer displays version 4.2.1.0, even though we might be
installing version 4.2.1.30 patch of the product.  If you're no going
to bother to update the patch number on the installer display, just
call it version 4.2.1 so paranoid people won't be worried that they
downloaded the wrong thing.  Better just to update the installer to
display the full version # being installed, IMHO.

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System