ADSM-L

Mapping deviceclass to tape storage pool

2002-03-28 10:08:42
Subject: Mapping deviceclass to tape storage pool
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:04:59 -0500
I currently run TSM 4.2 on OS390 2.10.  I use DFSMS and the data set
name prefix set by TSM for a device class to put some storage pools on
standard length carts and some on extended length carts in a 3494
library.

I am planning for a conversion to TSM on AIX sharing the 3494 library
with MVS.  On TSM on AIX, how will I define some devclasses to use
standard length and others to use extended length carts?

David