ADSM-L

Purge Summary Table

2002-03-28 08:28:09
Subject: Purge Summary Table
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:28:02 -0500
I plan to call the support center in a bit but thought I'd throw this out to
the experts and see if anyone has any thoughts.

TSM Server 4.2.1.7 on AIX 4.3.3 ML6.

The time source that we use for our machines got set to the year 2021
recently (that's another whole story!). As a result we have a record in the
summary table from 2021. We are in the process of setting up TDS reporting
and it turns out that is uses the summary table as part of the input. The
command below gets issues when you run the TDS loader.

03/28/2002 06:52:29  ANR2017I Administrator ISMBATCH issued command: DEFINE
CURSOR C3330188 SQL="SELECT * from SUMMARY where END_TIME >= '2021-08-18
06:02:19' order by END_TIME"

As a result a majority of the cubes that get built as part of TDS are empty.
We have been running with the summaryretention set to 30. I reset it to 0
hoping it would reset the table. No luck. Started and stopped TSM while it
was set to 0...still no luck.

Looking for a way to purge the record from the database. Here's the
offending record:

START_TIME: 2021-08-18 06:00:06.000000
END_TIME: 2021-08-18 06:02:19.000000
ACTIVITY: STGPOOL BACKUP