ADSM-L

Re: TSM Crashed

2002-03-27 23:54:05
Subject: Re: TSM Crashed
From: Pothula S Paparao <9pothula AT SG.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:53:07 +0800
Henk,
Is that the only cause that you upgraded your server from 4.1.x to 4.2.x  ?
Pls give your TSM setup details .
It may help me to reconsider my idea of going to 4.2.x.

Thanks and regards
sreekumar.

                    Henk ten Have
                    <hthta AT SARA DOT NL       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    >                    cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: TSM Crashed
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    03/27/2002
                    22:46
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

  Bruce,

> I'm running TSM 4.1.3.2 on AIX 4.3.3 ML8.
> Last night TSM crashed with this error in the dsmserv.err:

> Any ideas what this means & why it happened?

  We had the same problems with 4.1.3.X, server crashed nearly every day,
  sometimes every 4 hours, and went immediatly to 4.2.1.X.
  We'r now on 4.2.1.11 and our server is now running quite well.

  Cheers,
  Henk ten Have.