ADSM-L

NEED HELP CONTROLLING SCRIPT OUTPUT, FIELD LENGTHS

2002-03-27 08:14:20
Subject: NEED HELP CONTROLLING SCRIPT OUTPUT, FIELD LENGTHS
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:14:48 -0500
Hello all,
        I am trying to write a simple script that shows the nodes that were
not accessed by TSM for more than x days and then do an E-mail notification
from there.  I AM RUNNING TSM 4.1.5 on z/OS 1.1.  The select command to get
the node name, last access date, and contact name (the e-mail address) seems
easy enough. BUT I want the output from this to be in one line, preferably
with fixed position or filed lengths.  ( I will be using SAS processing to
setup the job that will actually do the EMAIL).  I have tried the approach
documented in the 3rd chapter of the TSM Refernece manual but I can not get
the desired results.  It always comes back with the output for 1 node with
last access and contact name using two lines.   Has anyone ever had any
success with this in OS390 environment?  I could go a long way with an
example .
Thanks
Matt