ADSM-L

Re: Utilising drives while labelling 3584

2015-10-04 17:10:43
Subject: Re: Utilising drives while labelling 3584
From: Miles Purdy [mailto:PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
You can't change it. This is how TSM works. I don't think it has anything to
do with the library.
Miles

>>> MBenjamin AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU 24-Mar-02 7:15:56 PM >>>
During a tape labelling process (we are in the process of filling the
library with new tape):

"checkin libvol 3584LIB1 search=bulk checkin=scratch labelsource=bar"

Causes the unit to load one drive only, the robot waits for this label
process to complete then
checks the tape in, one at a time.

This seems wasteful considering I have 5 available drives.

Interesting behaviour, can I alter it? I want the unit to simultaneously
load all
available drives if possible, label then place the tapes in the slots.

We migrated off a 3575-L18 unit with only 2 x 3570 drives.

OS:

AIX 4.3.3

TSM:

Session established with server ADSM_BBS: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 4, Release 2, Level 0.0

Mike Benjamin
Systems Administrator

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1)      This document is confidential and may contain legally privileged
        information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
        read, copy, distribute or act in reliance on it.
        If you have received this document in error, please telephone
        us immediately on (08) 9365-1555.

2)      All e-mails sent to and sent from Bunnings Building Supplies are
        scanned for content. Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
        subject matter will be reported to the e-mail administrator of
        all parties concerned.