ADSM-L

Re: Utilising drives while labelling 3584

2002-03-25 10:44:00
Subject: Re: Utilising drives while labelling 3584
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:41:03 -0800
DO like I do, label them from AIX
If I have 200 new tapes and 4 or more drives, I split the volsers into 4
groups of 50 each
I then fire off 4 dsmlabel jobs from AIX
        (Oh, make sure you don't have any processes needing a tape drive for
a while if you only have 4 drives...)
works perfectly, though you will find that if you use 4 drives, by the time
the robot has mounted up the 4th tape, the first tape has rewound and is
ready to be put away... in other words, with 4 label jobs running, the atl
robot never rests.
That is with a 3494-L12

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III