ADSM-L

Re: TDP R/3 Versioning and Off-site Vaulting

2002-03-25 08:42:13
Subject: Re: TDP R/3 Versioning and Off-site Vaulting
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:19:04 -0500
Set up two management classes, one for normal use and one for the copy to go
off site. Use two different copy groups to point to the two different
management classes. And then set up two different init<SID>.utl files (I'd
use initPRD.utl and initPRD.off.utl, for my PRD instance, but that's just me
:-).

When you run brbackup for the off-site copy, include '-r <path
to>/initPRD.off.utl' on the command line.

My off-line script uses this to invoke brbackup:
# export BR_TRACE parm added for debugging faild shutdown 2-1-2002 trk
/usr/bin/su - ora$LOWSID -c "export BR_TRACE=15; brbackup -c -m all -r
/oracle/$SID/backint/initPRD.utl.sun -t offline_force"

And my online backups use this:
/usr/bin/su - ora$LOWSID -c brbackup -c -m all -r
/oracle/$SID/backint/initPRD.utl -t online

The script is run from the root crontab and SID is passed as a parameter.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc