ADSM-L

TSM server automation.

2002-03-22 09:15:41
Subject: TSM server automation.
From: Jason Liang <tsmlist AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:07:08 -0500
Hi *SMers,

My environment:  TSM 4.2.1.11  IBM LTO 3584 with 8 drives and 10 I/O stations.

I want to implement such TSM server automation:

1. If there is no migration running, then "backup stg tapepool copypool";
2. When backup stg finishes, "backup db dev=lto type=full"
3. When backup db finished, change the volumes of copypool to offsite, and then
checkout these volumes and the DB volumes; Notify tape operators;
    If the numbers of volumes  exceed 10, then checkout the first 10 volumes,
wait for the I/O stations becomes empty and then
   checkout the others;

Any help will be appreciated.

Jason Liang