ADSM-L

Re: People running OS/390 TSM servers - maybe for the development guys......

2002-03-21 07:39:09
Subject: Re: People running OS/390 TSM servers - maybe for the development guys......
From: "Leijnse, Finn F SITI-ITDSES31" <Finn.F.Leijnse AT IS.SHELL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:32:59 +0100
I have a question for christo: You talk about a 166GB database? How is that
possible? That would take for ever to backup! We have serveral TSM servers
and our largest database is 47GB large with 60% in use and with LTO and
fibre channel that takes about 45mins to 1 hours.
(We have never been able to resolve our performance problems on OS/390).

met vriendelijke groeten, regards et salutations,
Finn Leijnse
Central Data Storage Management
Tivoli Certified Consultant
Shell Services International bv.