ADSM-L

AW: UNLOADDB/LOADDB Scenario

2002-03-21 02:59:48
Subject: AW: UNLOADDB/LOADDB Scenario
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:57:07 +0100
Hi Andy,

my idea is similar to yours :

halt the server
copy my databases and logs (for fallback)
unloaddb to devclass=file
loadformat
loaddb

I don't think you have to make an auditdb if your unloaddb works with the
consistant-option (default) (Administrators Reference 'dsmserv unloaddb').
Where does the loaddb-process get the information about the database-volumes
to load from ? Does it use the dsmserv.dsk ? (Because the unloaddb-process
seems to get the information about names and directories of the db- and
log-files directly out of one of the db-files).

But I wanted to test it before running the processes on production to get an
idea about the runtime of the processes. Our database is about 24 GB and
with an unload-performance of about 2 GB (I tested with a smaller database)
it would take about 12 H and then I haven't yet reloaded the database.

And I heard about some problems with loaddb with some TSM-Versions, so I
have to have a quick fallback-strategy.

Best regards
Chris