ADSM-L

Re: Benefits of moving to platform other than OS/390

2002-03-20 11:16:07
Subject: Re: Benefits of moving to platform other than OS/390
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:37:24 -0500
David,
        As for the vaulting, take a look at AutoVault from www.coderelief.com.

        For the checkin, we wrote a small PERL script that issues the checkin
command (we actually have it defined as a server script and the PERL just
does a RUN CHECKIN), then waits a couple seconds and issues a QUERY REQUEST,
parses out the reply number  and issues the REPLY <xxx>. You could probably
do the same thing with a shell script. Makes it automated. We even schedule
it. The client schedule runs the PERL script (action=command) which turns
around and does the checkin. We have this running in several sites with
different SCSI type libraries. Plus PERL is free!

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.