ADSM-L

Re: question: db-backup

2002-03-20 05:45:48
Subject: Re: question: db-backup
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:43:03 +0100
Hi

Which application are you using? Normally, applications have the ability to
do a snapshot copy of the application database to another file. This way,
you can backup the copy, and don't have to have the application down to be
able to handle backups.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                      "Stumpf, Joachim"

                      <joachim.stumpf@D        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      ATEV.DE>                 cc:

                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: question:
db-backup
                      Dist Stor

                      Manager"

                      <[email protected]

                      .EDU>

                      2002-03-20 11:30

                      Please respond to

                      "ADSM: Dist Stor

                      Manager"

Hi Henrik,

thanks for your answer.
But if we start the backup while application has the db allocated, we
usually should get the "file in use"-message.
Or not?

At the moment we are testing the OSA-Gigabit-Adapter to backup our Nodes ;)
Then the problem with the network should be solved...

--
regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Henrik Wahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOIL DOT COM> (Mittwoch, 20. März 2002, 11:13:35,
CET):

-----|

-----|