ADSM-L

Re: Optimizing multiple restores

2002-03-19 12:03:08
Subject: Re: Optimizing multiple restores
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:00:10 -0500
Brute force type idea:

I don't generally do file_name queries against the contents table, because
in my system those can run forever.  However, CONTENTS is indexed on
volume_name so those queries run OK.  Since you already know the volumes
involved and there aren't very many, I would probably do:

select volume_name, file_name from contents where volume_name = 'XXXXXX' >>
flatfile
(repeat for 9 tapes)

Then write a ksh or perl  script to read your list of files to be restored
and compare to flatfile to pull out the volser for each file.  Then sort by
volser.  A lot of trouble, but maybe still faster ....