ADSM-L

NT registry

2002-03-19 11:21:46
Subject: NT registry
From: "Williams, Tim P {PBSG}" <Tim.Williams AT PBSG DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:17:48 -0600
We don't backup everything on boxes. Traditionally we backup data only...d
drives and the like.
So, our include/excludes in the dsm.opt are like:
exclude *
include d:\...\*
From the manual, backupregistry is a default of yes.
Also, it backs up the registry to another location....adsm.sys??
I thought it would have backed it up, regardless of the includes/excludes,
but I believe I'm finding
otherwise.
We will be moving to backup entire machines for bare metal recovery (using
TSM only), so this may become
a moot point for us.
I do have a problem ticket open just to understand if this is a bug or not,
so I can share ibm/tivoli's response.
**
Anyone have additional info to share on this topic?
Thanks in advance.

Select statement I'm using in my testing:
tsm: ADSM>select * from backups where node_name='US504S0J' and
hl_name='\ADSM.SYS\REGISTRY\US504S0J\MACHINE\'

ANR2963W This SQL query may produce a very large result table, or may
require a
significant amount of time to compute.

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y

      NODE_NAME: US504S0J
 FILESPACE_NAME: \\us504s0j\c$
   FILESPACE_ID: 1
          STATE: ACTIVE_VERSION
           TYPE: FILE
        HL_NAME: \ADSM.SYS\REGISTRY\US504S0J\MACHINE\
        LL_NAME: SAM
      OBJECT_ID: 296815135
    BACKUP_DATE: 2002-03-18 17:18:02.000000
DEACTIVATE_DATE: