ADSM-L

Re: Bug or request for design?

2002-03-19 10:20:19
Subject: Re: Bug or request for design?
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:17:20 -0500
Not that I've played with the Unix GUI lately, but on NT (my workstation),
the GUI has the tool for configuring the options file, so allowing the GUI
to come up to work on the file makes sense to me.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

Today is the tomorrow of yesterday.

                      "Loon, E.J. van -
                      SPLXM"                   To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <Eric-van.Loon@KL        cc:
                      M.COM>                   Subject:  Re: Bug or request for
design?
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/18/2002 05:01
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi Rainer!
In our case the include/exclude file was located on a crashed disk they
were
trying to restore using TSM. That's why the TSM client reported a options
file error.
But could you imagine the panic that our UNIX guys felt when they saw no
files to restore?
If Tivoli sees this as a critical error, the GUI should not start at all,
like the command line interface. It just quits then the options file
contains errors.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines