ADSM-L

Re: stripping header and footer for dsmadmc command

2002-03-18 20:36:31
Subject: Re: stripping header and footer for dsmadmc command
From: StorageGroupAdmin StorageGroupAdmin <StorageGroupAdmin AT SYDNEYWATER.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:14:22 +1000
Assuming this is UNIX & is run in batch, I get around this problem by
grep-ing the TSM responce for a known field within the output. For
example the 'DIX' in your volser.

In some cases I also display another column with a standardised entry
because the info I am actually looking for is not standardised in it's
format.

example

dsmadmc -id=TSMID -pass=TSMPASS select type, volume_name from volhistory
where (type like 'BACKUPF%' and (days(date_time) =
(days(current_date)))) | grep BACKUPFULL | cut -f2- -d' '

>>> Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM 03/19/02 04:18am >>>
Is there a switch to remove the header and footer from a DSMADMC
command?

All I want is the volume name.

Thanks

Joe Cascanette

Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 4, Release 2, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2001, All Rights Reserved.

Session established with server QBSSTA02: Windows NT
  Server Version 4, Release 2, Level 1.12
  Server date/time: 03/18/2002 13:14:23  Last access: 03/18/2002
13:05:45

ANS8000I Server command: 'select volume_name from volhistory where
(type='BACKUPFULL' and (days(date_time) = (days(current_date))))'

VOLUME_NAME
------------------
DIX050
DIX050

ANS8002I Highest return code was 0.

This message has been scanned by MailSweeper.
This message has been scanned by MailSweeper.
This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
and may contain information which is confidential or
privileged. Unauthorised use of its contents is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately via e-mail and then delete the
original e-mail.