ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Volume Stealing

2002-03-18 20:36:01
Subject: Re: 3494 Volume Stealing
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:40:28 -0500
How exactly did you 'steal' it from server A to B? I always thought it was
the responsibility of the library manager component in the 3494 to handle
who owns what. Maybe you should be looking at the code level in the 3494
library manager?? You might want to check out the library manager logs for
around the time when you 'steal' this volume.

Whenever I share a 3494 between multiple TSM servers, I use different volume
numbering schemes and the CHECKIN command for each server is defined in a
server script with the appropriate VOLRANGE= specified. This is then
scheduled to run daily with an admin command schedule. Then I educate the
client that they should only checkin volumes using the RUN command for the
script I created, or better yet just let the schedule command do it for
them.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.