ADSM-L

Pooooor TDP for Exchange Performance via SAN

2002-03-18 01:37:50
Subject: Pooooor TDP for Exchange Performance via SAN
From: Karsten Huettmann <Karsten.Huettmann AT CARUS DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 07:35:14 +0100
Hi everybody!
         I'm sitting here looking at my customers environment and wonder
how TDP for Exchange
         is sooooo slow via SAN.
         We have a complete Win2000 environment with all the newest
patches installed
         (Server 4.2.1.12, StorageAgent 4.2.1.12, API 4.2.1.30, TDP Exch.
2.2)
         We share two drives of a 3584 library via SAN data gateway
(newest firmware).

         The backup via LAN (!) is nearly as fast as it could be (up to 12
MB/s without compression).

         But the backup via SAN ist very slow.
         It starts slow (at 1200 KB/s) and slows down to 800 KB/s.

         Does anyone have recommendations tuning the dsm.opt-file or
tdpexc.cfg-file...

         my dsm.opt-file:
         tcpwindowsize 63
         tcpbuffsize 32
         txnb 25600

         my tdpexc.cfg-file:
         buffers 4
         buffersize 2048

         ... or any other ideas?
         (Are there any rules-of-thumb how to tune this options?)

         Thanx in advance,
         Karsten Huettmann, c.a.r.u.s. IT AG, Germany
-----
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / with regards
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / with regards
Karsten Hüttmann
Karsten Hüttmann
Karsten Hüttmann
c.a.r.u.s. Information Technology AG
Advanced System Center
Bornbarch 9, 22848 Norderstedt, Germany

E-Mail: karsten.huettmann AT carus DOT de
Firma: +49.40.51435.3231
Mobil: +49.171.7634388
Fax: +49.40.51435.1111