ADSM-L

Re: script to see if TSM Server is down

2002-03-15 12:35:50
Subject: Re: script to see if TSM Server is down
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:36:56 -0600
Mine is similar, but I found that "q drive" rarely hangs in a busy
system.  This follows a series of "ping" to check if the network connection
is up (someone else gets called then).

If operations gets notified by the server checker, they have an icon on
their workstation which leads them to an "ssh" session on the server with a
TSM menu.  That gives them a script to see if "dsmserv" is running (much
like the one that Miles posted a few minutes ago), a script to halt TSM  if
it is hung, and a restart script.  Only if they can't restart TSM, i.e., if
they keep getting notifications, do they call someone.