ADSM-L

Re: Scalar100 on NT - How Many Slots? Free Script Attached!

2002-03-14 12:50:52
Subject: Re: Scalar100 on NT - How Many Slots? Free Script Attached!
From: "Frost, Dave" <dave.frost AT GUARDIANIT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:41:44 -0000
Tony,

I haven't seen a reply to this yet, so here goes...

The number of slots in a library is read when the library is defined.  So to
get tsm to recognise the new slots the library has to be redefined.

q libr f=d    and save the output
q dr f=d      and save the output
Checkout all the libvols from the library (use an external script since
checkout is one-at-a-time - there are times when i <heart> unix)
delete all the drives
delete the library
re-define the library - details from the q libr
re-define the drives  - details from the q dr
checkin the volumes search=y.

I've been through 2*stk lib upgrades, and 2*scalar 1000 upgrades this way.

  regards,

-=Dave=-
+44 (0)20 7608 7140
+44 (0)20 7608 7140

(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)gnore, (F)ail, (N)uke...