ADSM-L

Re: Easiest way to exclude all but one dir

2002-03-14 08:35:59
Subject: Re: Easiest way to exclude all but one dir
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:33:29 -0500
EXCLUDE.DIR is processed before any regular INCLUDE or EXCLUDE statements,
so your proposed solution won't work.

There is no easy way to do what you want. If you are really only
interested in backing up just the one directory structure, then your best
bet is probably to define a schedule for this machine whose OBJECTS
parameter reflects what directory you want processed, i.e.:

   DEFINE SCHEDULE STANDARD MYSCHED
          OBJECTS=/usr/local/ftp/ OPTIONS=-SUBDIR=YES

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
03/14/2002 03:05