ADSM-L

Win2000 TSM client & Japanese & English file structure.

2002-03-14 05:59:23
Subject: Win2000 TSM client & Japanese & English file structure.
From: Nick Rutherford <Nick.Rutherford AT HONDA-EU DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:42:17 +0000
Hello all,
     hoping you can help me. Currently we have a TSM client installed onto a
Janapese NT server backing up our file server data. I want to migrate from the
NT platform to a English Windows 2000 platform so I can use the UNICODE option
for backing up our mixed Japanese & English data.

The client backup keeps failing on the new Win2000 client because the Japanese
file names still appear un-readable through an Dos command line. When looking
through the 'My Computer' icon, all Japanese files appear correctly in Japanese
text. Does anybody know what setting is required to allow the dos command prompt
to also show these file in Japanese character format ?

many thanks for any help,
Nick Rutherford

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd.

If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and then delete this message from your
system.  Also be advised that any use, disclosure, forwarding,
printing or copying of this e-mail if sent in error is strictly
prohibited.  Thank you for your co-operation.