ADSM-L

Taperotation form onsinte to offsite and back

2002-03-13 10:56:55
Subject: Taperotation form onsinte to offsite and back
From: Arthur Hundhammer <Arthur.Hundhammer AT LINDE-LE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:39:25 +0100
Hi All.

we are actually in the in the process of migrating the TSM-Servers from
OS/390 to  Windows NT.

On OS/390,  the vault management was done by CA1 and  in house written
programs.
With  NT it seems, that this is not so simple.

Our environment is:

TSM 4.2.1.7 Server on NT, in the moment without DRM
EDT-DistibuTAPE 6.4.0 from Gresham Enterprice Software
STK Library Station 4.0   (Software from STK)
STK 9840 Fibre Channel Drives in a STK Powderhorn Silo on Mainframe OS/390

The TSM-Server and the Drives are connected to SAN.

Backup and restores in this environment runs fine.

What  i'm looking for, is a solution how we can managed and control the
transfer from COPYPOOL-Tapes and DB -BACKUP-Tapes
from ONSITE to OFFSITE location and back to ONSITE after the tapes are
empty.

Further, how can we determine the tapes that must go OFFSITE (Copypool and
TSM - Database Backup Tapes)
and later if  the tapes are empty go back to STKs Powderhorn.

Your expirence and help are greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Arthur Hundhammer
Linde AG Munich

arthur.hundhammer AT Linde-LE DOT com