ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1 and oracle

2002-03-13 06:05:21
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1 and oracle
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT CW DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:02:50 +0100
Andrew,
directly backing up the database files tends to wasting lots of storage
space in TSM as you not only do uncompressed but very uncompressed
backups (especially when your db is quite new and has larger free
capacity). When you have enough diskspace on your Oracle server, why not
use RMAN to write backups (and subsequent incremental backups) on disk
and back up these files with TSM?

Best regards,
Michael
--
Michael Bartl, Dipl. Inform. (FH)           mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com
Michael Bartl, Dipl. Inform. (FH)           mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com