ADSM-L

Re: Two TSM Client Questions

2002-03-13 06:00:39
Subject: Re: Two TSM Client Questions
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT CW DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:58:07 +0100
Farren,
Q1: I won't expect problems with the 3.7 client on Solaris 8.

Q2: You're right: nearly all files get expired, all new files get into
the backup. TSM has no problem with this scenario, just have ready
enough database space in TSM. Just one limitation: All filespaces
(mountpoint) with identical names (e.g. /var) will get updated as
described, all new mountpoints will create new filespaces in TSM, but
all no longer existing filespaces will not get deleted automatically
after a retention period. You'll have to delete them manually after you
no longer need them.

Best regards,
Michael
--
Michael Bartl, Dipl. Inform. (FH)           mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com
Michael Bartl, Dipl. Inform. (FH)           mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com