ADSM-L

Re: Reorg your database

2002-03-12 17:38:31
Subject: Re: Reorg your database
From: David Smith <david.smith AT CE.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:35:24 +1100
Mark,

I've just unloaded/loaded our TSM 4.1.5 database to fix performance
problems.  Our 18GB database shrank to 11GB and a 'query archive' that used
to run for over an hour now takes 10 seconds.  It took 4 hours to dump (to a
fileclass volume) and 2 hours to load on an RS/6000 6M1 but it was mostly
I/O so I don't think the speed of the machine helped all that much.

I did have a failure running it on 4.1.2 server as it locked up when
changing from one file volume to another.  I updated to 4.1.5 and made the
fileclass max volume size 20GB.  The unload then ran fine to the one file
volume.

Regards,

David Smith
AIX Administrator