ADSM-L

Re: Need some ADSM pointers

2002-03-12 16:33:08
Subject: Re: Need some ADSM pointers
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:30:41 -0800
Dan,

It looks like you're going to have a very, very fun time.  Your 3.1.2.50
version of ADSM is way backlevel and out of support.  I don't even know if
the documentation is still available for it.  Maybe someone on the list has
it.  Anyway, I highly suggest calling your Tivoli representative, or if you
don't have one, Tivoli, to find out what your options are to get to a
supported level.  You will most likely have to buy the new base level (3.7,
4.1, or 4.2) so you can apply maintenance to it.  The support web site is
http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/tivolimain.html.

Maintenance levels live at
http://www.tivoli.com/
ftp://index.storsys.ibm.com/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance
Patches live at
ftp://index.storsys.ibm.com/tivoli-storage-management/patches

TCPWIndow/Solaris, Sorry, don't know

The "exclude.dir /opt/foo" should be good enough.  If you want it to scan
the directory, "exclude /opt/foo/.../*" will scan it, but exclude
everything.  Remember, it reads this list from bottom up to match, so the
following _will_ backup /opt/foo/foo2/importantfile.

exclude /opt/foo/.../*
include /.../importantfile

Server name - set servername NAME  (help set servername)

Paging - I haven't been able to get that to work, so anything I don't want
paged I generally run command line and comma or tab delimit.

dsmadmc -id=id -password=password -comma -out=myoutfile query filespace f=d
dsmadmc -id=id -password=password -tab -out=myoutfile query filespace f=d

Potentially helpful tip/pointer/summary-of-all-knowledge site, thanks to
Richard:
http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts

Good luck.

Alex Paschal